Genie AI, the AI legal assistant based in London, unveils its upgraded advanced legal editor, offering a novel approach to drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalising complex legal documents.
The demand for an alternative to Microsoft Word has become increasingly evident:
- 56% of lawyers spend more than three hours per day using the software (Source: Epinion).
- Microsoft Word has been in use since its release in 1983, meaning some lawyers have relied on it for 40 years.
- The number of lawyers using non-Windows operating systems has doubled in the past five years (Source: ABA).
- While cloud-collaboration tool SharePoint provides real-time internal capabilities, lawyers express dissatisfaction with the difficulty of red-lining and a lack of clarity regarding authorship.
- Lawyers are concerned about losing control when sharing Word documents with counterparties, as hidden changes can be introduced without detection.
- Microsoft Word Extensions offer additional functionalities, including AI capabilities, but these plugins often cause document crashes.
Reflecting on the history of Microsoft Word, Genie AI Co-founder and CEO Rafie Faruq states, “Goodbye Typewriter, hello Genie AI! Microsoft Word was never intended to serve as a legal editor, and every lawyer has faced challenges with formatting and numbering issues on MS Word. We have focused on creating a seamless, enjoyable editing experience with AI-assisted features that address genuine legal concerns.”
Distinguishing itself from other available document editors like Google Docs and Notion, Genie’s AI-Assisted Editor flawlessly imports MS Word’s advanced formatting while preserving the formatting and styles used in the source document.
Andrea Rinaldi, In-house Commercial Counsel at Trainline, shares, “As an in-house commercial counsel in a rapidly paced technology company, providing legal advice in both the UK and internationally, time and cost efficiency are always at the forefront of my considerations. It is disheartening to witness legal professionals still relying on outdated technology for document sharing, collaboration, and negotiation. It is time to upgrade our tools.”
To experience Genie AI’s new legal document editor for free and access a vast collection of open source legal templates, visit https://app.genieai.co/community.